Special to The Interim

With sirens blaring and emergency lights flashing, an ambulance rushed an injured woman to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita, Ks. early in the morning of Jan. 13, after an apparent botched abortion at Women’s Health Care Services, a late-term abortion mill run by the notorious George Tiller.

As LifeSite and The Interim reported last fall, health authorities in Quebec and other Canadian provinces at great taxpayer expense send Canadian women seeking late-term abortions to the same centre.

“They almost caused an accident at the intersection,” said witness Brenna Sullenger, who filmed the arrival of the ambulance at Wesley. “They were in a big hurry.”

First to arrive at the hospital was Tiller employee Edna Roach, a nurse’s assistant who often escorts injured women to the hospital from the mill. She was observed to carry medical files into the emergency room in an apparent effort to expedite the intake process.

The ambulance arrived a few moments later. Another witness, Cheryl Sullenger, noted, “As I pulled into the hospital parking lot, the EMTs were unloading the woman from the ambulance. I drove right past them and they appeared very grim and in a very big rush to get the woman inside. She was covered with a blanket.”

Tiller arrived a few minutes later in his armoured jeep, driven by another employee, Sara Phares. Pro-lifers on the scene asked Tiller, “How many more women have to be injured before you stop, George?”

Meanwhile, back at the abortion mill, pro-life witnesses observed one of Tiller’s security guards expelling a Kansas City News reporter from the abortuary’s parking lot in an effort to impose a media blackout of the story.

“We are here to uncover and report the truth: Babies are dying and women are being maimed. As we near the 32nd memorial of Roe v. Wade, we must ask ourselves how much more human tragedy must we endure before we will take action to stop abortion now,” said Operation Rescue president Troy Newman.

This article originally appeared in Jan. 13.