Interim StaffReports from the United States and Sweden recently surfaced that illustrate the lethal consequences of the abortion culture for women who have induced and chemical abortions.

It has been revealed by Fox News that in suburban Detroit, a 15-year-old girl died Jan. 8 as a result of a second-trimester abortion. Dr. Leigh Hlavaty performed an autopsy on 15-year-old Tamia Russell the next day and determined that death was caused by “uterine infarction, with sepsis due to status second-trimester abortion.” She ruled the death as “normal.” According to a local registered nurse who contacted LifeSite Daily News, the doctor explained, “I ruled it normal because these complications are expected with this type of abortion.”

The case is complicated by the fact that Russell’s boyfriend was 24, and in Michigan, that constitutes statutory rape. Furthermore, the boyfriend’s sister took Russell in for the abortion without the knowledge of Russell’s parents, in contravention of state parental notification laws.

Fox News reported that Russell’s parents did not know their daughter was pregnant and that they are outraged at what has taken place. They are blaming the abortionist at the Woman Care Clinic in Lanthrup Village for their daughter’s death. LifeSite reported that the abortionist in question is Alberto Hotari.

Local police and the state attorney-general are both reportedly investigating the incident and Michigan Right is following the case closely.

Meanwhile, the Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare has concluded a report that found the death of an unnamed Uddevalla, Sweden woman was related to her procuring an RU-486 abortion.

In detail, the report described a sequence of events that included a two-stage hospital procedure of receiving three 200 mg Mifegyne pills and two 0.2 mg pills of Cytotec (Misoprostol). The woman, who was seven-weeks pregnant, took the Cytotec at 8:25 a.m. and by 3 p.m. began bleeding. She was treated with pain medication, and at 4:40 p.m., a “big blob” had “come out” and she was sent home. A follow-up visit was scheduled for the following month. However, a nurse attempted to reach her two days later and failed. Eight days later, she was found dead in her home.

The coroner’s report concluded she had died as a result of blood loss following a chemically induced abortion: “A young woman bled to death as a direct consequence of the treatment.”